Wednesday 15 December 2010

Number 4: Jumbo Melonpan

Today my wife brought me a surprise. In Asakusa (浅草) there is a famous MelonPan shop selling Jumbo MelonPan. It's not the only good thing about Asakusa. There's a temple there too. It's pretty close to the shop...

The freshly baked MelonPan is soft and light and best eaten warm. It still contains a hint of flour and brings your mind back to cleaning the bowl after your Mom made cake (Tuesday).

Visually this MelonPan looks exactly as it should. The iconic melon segments which some ignore are large and bright. It's almost art.

There is only one failure with this MelonPan: It's not jumbo enough. In truth its not much bigger than regular MelonPan, but since my wife bought 3 I will forgive them.

I would like to see a MelonPan that is at least 3 times the size of regular MelonPan. That will be jumbo.....but perhaps, still not Jumbo enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment