Monday 13 December 2010

Number 1: 7-Eleven Variety Bread Series MelonPan

Did I mention yet that I love MelonPan? I did? Well, it must be true! And where better to start than the plain basic version?

This one I bought from 7-Eleven, which is thankfully a few doors down from my house, and represents the very first Melonpan I bought when I arrived in Tokyo this trip.

In England it is quite hard to find MelonPan. There is the Japan Centre in London. But that is not much use if you live in the North of England. So every time I travel to Japan I make sure to eat as much Melonpan as I can. This time however, I have come to stay and can eat as much as I can afford!

Part of the "Variety Bread Series" the Melonpan itself is deliciously soft with a slightly crunchy biscuit topping. It's just the right amount of sweetness without being sickening and just moist enough to not stick in the throat. It's flavour is subtle, with just a hint of Melon. But, it's a classic and very easy to enjoy.

Simple and understated. Delicious and cheap at only 105yen.

No comments:

Post a Comment