Monday 13 December 2010

Number 2: Cheese KitKat.

In England KitKat's are quite popular. But the range of flavours is fairly limited. We have original, dark, orange, mint and recently Cappuccino.

In the rest of the world however, the flavours are far more varied. In Hokkaido I found Sweetcorn, Baked Potato and Sweet Potato flavour. In Tokyo many more (Ill cover them all later).

I had my reservations about Cheese flavour though. Now, when I was younger I delighted in eating a segment of Cadburys chocolate with a cheese quaver. Absolutely delicious. But my experiences of Chocolate and Cheese in Japan has been quite bad so far.

But Cheese KitKat's were not at all bad. At first the cheese gave a sickening flavour (sorry Nestle) while my tongue fought for sanity. But after a while I found I wanted more and the taste quickly grew on me like a fungus.

They were actually pretty nice, so much so that I bought another pack. If you every have the opportunity then please do try them....but eat more than one because your first will probably not appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment